Tuesday, December 07, 2010

No More Haynesworth!

According to the Washington Post, defensive tackle Albert Haynesworth, the player who "plays when he feels like playing", has been: "suspended without pay for the next four games for 'conduct detrimental to the club.'"

Head coach Mike Shanahan said that Haynesworth: "repeatedly refused to cooperate with our coaching staff in a variety of ways over an extended period of time" and that he failed to play in certain defensive situations.

Where have I heard that before?


Oh yeah! Keyshawn Johnson and ex-Buccaneers head coach and current Monday Night Football analyst Jon Gruden had a feud in 2003 that led too this:

"Honestly, I'm very disappointed because I really wanted to win another championship with this team," Johnson said. "I was never Gruden's guy. He never liked me. I told him I'd rather retire than play for him in 2004. But I also told him I wouldn't be a distraction, I wouldn't go to the media with it and I didn't."
Johnson, in the tail end of the 2003 season, was suspended without pay for the final four games of the year.

Just substitute "Haynesworth" for "Johnson" in the same quote and "Shanahan" for "Gruden" and no one will know the difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment