Tuesday, August 03, 2010


I am not sure if this is a ruse or to actually believe him. Minnesota Vikings' quarterback Brett Favre has text-messaged his teammates saying "I'm done!" and that he is leaving the game - but is he bluffing? My guess is that Favre WILL pull a Houdini and on September 9, 2010, surprise everyone by coming out of the tunnel and starting for the Vikings when the play the Saints to open the 2010 season.

His on-again, off-again statements drive nearly every football fan, media member and me insane. I think Favre is trying to make headline news after the Albert Haynesworth fiasco, since he cannot live without profession football and the adoration of his fanson-and-off the field. Many columnists and television analysts (myself included) believe he cannot live without playing the sport he clearly loves, which is why I think he will return to the Vikings on Opening Day. But, then again, I am the same person that thought LeBron James would sign with the Chicago Bulls this offseason and McNabb would still be playing with the Eagles in 2010.

But, then again, he had surgery in the offseason to repair an ankle injury he suffered in the Saints-Vikings NFC Championship game last year, so, if the ankle is not fully healed, maybe he does not have enough to continue playing.


Will this pass be the last one he ever throws with the Vikings? I sure hope not.

After all, like the Energizer Bunny, he just "keeps going and going and going..."

No comments:

Post a Comment